Okay, so I steal this from Erin every year, but this time I’m going to edit it so I don’t look even more moony and pathetic. 2009 was kind of a single issue year for me. You’re welcome.
Edited to add: Apparently I edited out the question about “Anyone close to you give birth?” and I didn’t mean to. Gene’s best friend’s wife had a little girl in 2009. And in 2010, there are two new babies to welcome: my niece and Brandy’s second child (gender still TBD). Fraaaankly, I think there’s a third pregnancy lurking out there (and by “out there”, I do not mean “in here”). Fingers crossed!
1. What did you do in 2009 that you’d never done before?
Had an HSG, took a paycut, suspended my Fertility Friend membership, attended Gene’s family reunion.
2. Did you keep your new years’ resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
Apparently my 2009 resolutions were the same as my 2008 resolutions: get pregnant, get a new job, read more books, fold laundry and reduce clutter. Hey, the laundry gets folded usually on time, I have been reading a little more, and we have a little less clutter than before. Gene says he wants to reduce clutter in 2010, so it looks like that’s one of our resolutions. For me, my resolutions will be the same as 2008-2009, but I will replace the first one with “finish my novel.”
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Infertility and the Clomid Crazies (I was going to edit this one out, but this is a great band name).
11. What was the best thing you bought?
How about the things I didn’t buy? We paid off one of our credit cards this year, and hopefully the other will be paid off in 2011.
14. Where did most of your money go?
Doctors. Seriously. Between the baby chase and the Boy’s two (maybe more) surgeries, you do not want to know how much we paid to doctors, labs and hospitals.
19. Richer or poorer?
I don’t really know. I feel poorer – with the paycuts, we were down a lot of $ this year, but we have had some financial successes due to budgeting and being smarter financially (both of which were Gene’s idea – I must give him credit for that). We definitely (fortunately) have enough money to pay our bills but not quite enough to live on one salary.
20. What do you wish you’d done more of?
I wish I’d pressed for escalating the infertility issue sooner in 2009. I sincerely believe that if I’d done something other than twiddle my thumbs in the first half of the year… ugh, well, anyway.
21. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Reading BabyCenter, Baby Bargains and most of the mommy blogs I read (other than the Erins’ blogs).
22. How will you be spending Christmas?
So, I just realized that this question is referring to Christmas 2009, not to a future Christmas. Therefore, I will be spending Christmas 2009 with my family. If the question is really for 2010, I don’t know the answer to that one yet. Let’s assume we’ll be with family up in the Frozen North.
23. Did you fall in love in 2009?
With Dr. K – Alas, it was short lived.
24. Any one night stands?
YES! We finally have one night stand. I bought it at Home Goods but I could only find one 🙁 So, maybe next year we’ll have two night stands. I have been looking forward to this question since I bought the night stand.
25. What was your favorite TV program?
26. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
No one new.
27. What was the best book you read?
Commencement, by J. Courtney Sullivan.
28. What was your greatest musical discovery?
29. What did you want and get?
We’ll see. I’m actually starting this before Xmas this year, so maybe I’ll get something awesome for Xmas. The State DVDs from my brother and an IOU for a massage from Gene. YAY!
30. What did you want and not get?
Stephen Beckett D.un.n and/or Frances Pearl Du.nn.
31. What was your favorite film of this year?
Up. It could have ended after the opening montage and I would have been OK (a puddle, but OK).
32. What did you do on your birthday?
Mom was in town and she and Gene and I went to a nice dinner. Lovely!
33. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
BABY BABY BABY BABY.
34. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2009?
Cheap. Old Navy t-shirts and pants that hopefully fit mostly okay. I have GOT to fix this in 2010 – now that my life is no longer ruled by the idea that I’ll just get pregnant anyway, I have the leeway to change stuff.
35. What kept you sane?
The Almighty D. (In 2010, The Almighty D and Wellbutrin, possibly with a Paxil chaser).
36. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Blah blah blah Henley c. 1991. Ooh, and David Boreanz from Bones. YUM.
37. What political issue stirred you the most?
38. Who did you miss?
The Boy. The Boy. The Boy. (2008 answer, but I do not feel the need to change it).
40. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2009:
Never buy Zhu Zhu pets on eBay. And vote Yes on honeymoon babies.
41. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
Still working on this one…