I hope not, because I lifted this from Erin’s.
1. What did you do in 2006 that you’d never done before?
I know there’s something, I just don’t know what. Secret shopped, I guess.
2. Did you keep your new years’ resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
My resolutions were to cook more, get a new job, pay off credit cards and car, stop chewing on things that shouldn’t be chewed. I cook more (more or less, HA), the credit cards and car are PAID OFF, but I still chew on things that shouldn’t be chewed. Yech.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Yes!! My best friend had her daughter in April and my SIL had Nephew #2 in August.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
My mother in law and grandmother.
5. What countries did you visit?
7. What date from 2006 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
June 8 and December 28. I sure do miss them. (Does it count as “etched” if I could swear that MIL passed away on June 6, not June 8? Still, the blog, she does not lie).
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
I lost 30 ish pounds!
9. What was your biggest failure?
I still work where I work. But in a way, it’s also a success because I still show up every day stone cold sober and have yet to bitchslap anyone.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Diagnosed pre-diabetic, woo-effing-hoo.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
Technically this was 2007 (New Years Day) but I bought a badass purple cashmere cardigan. It is so pretty I’m afraid to wear it.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Gene regularly gets gas for the car without asking! And brings the trash can in on the same day it was collected.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Mostly my own.
14. Where did most of your money go?
Travel things – hotels, rental cars and total crap that I “need”
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Did you see the part where I lost 30ish pounds?
16. What song will always remind you of 2006?
The downside to not really changing what I listen to is that any song that says 2006 to me probably also says 1996.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you happier or sadder?
Sadder. My precious Wellbutrin is doing its damndest but I can’t escape that it has been a sad year. No sorrow in 2007!
18. Thinner or fatter?
19. Richer or poorer?
Richer. Thank you Blanche
20. What do you wish you’d done more of?
The right things. I wish I’d sent out Xmas cards, decorated the house, and writing.
21. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Reading garbage, hating my job.
22. How will you be spending Christmas?
Xmas 2007? Will be in Cheesecake City, juggling my family and Gene’s family and in theory and in utero, OUR family by then. (We won’t have the boy for Xmas, but I can’t help that. Having the boy with us for Xmas 06 was wonderful, even when I was sober).
23. Did you fall in love in 2006?
I discovered bands/musical genres I didn’t know I liked before. Thank you, Sirius 22.
24. Any one night stands?
Nope, no night stands. We have Rubbermaid cabinets in place of them. I really need to buy bedroom furniture again. This is ridiculous.
25. What was your favorite TV program?
South Park, Two and a Half Men, How I Met Your Mother, House of Babies and that other baby show on Disco’ Health.
26. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
Nah, I tend to hold on to these things.
27. What was the best book you read?
I’m such a dork. I’m reading Osslers Web,a 900 page book about Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. It’s fascinating but sloooow. A lot of very big words.
28. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Ooh, easy. Depeche Mode.
29. What did you want and get?
blinds in the rest of the house, a king sized bed
30. What did you want and not get?
A couch not covered by a horrifying couch cover (maybe for my anniversary?)
31. What was your favorite film of this year?
I have no idea what 2006 movies I saw. Night at the Museum was cute. Ooh, Clerks II. Yes, even w/ the donkey show scene.
32. What did you do on your birthday?
Worked, dinner w/ Gene, presents
33. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
If my employment status changed. Or if I had the power to heal others. Sorry, I guess that’s two things.
34. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2006?
Pants (either black, gray, navy, tan or brown) and any of a million shirts.
35. What kept you sane?
The Internet, my blog and Wellbutrin.
36. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
MMmm, Clooney. (Did you see his recent Vanity Fair cover? How drop dead sexy!)
37. What political issue stirred you the most?
Not strictly political, but I sure wish that the Daily Show would shut up about Cheney shooting a guy in the face. Seriously, you lose credibility by consistently going for the cheap shot.
38. Who did you miss?
MIL and grandmother.
39. Who was the best new person you met?
New people? Well, my neighbor is pretty cool. Ooh! I know! The little girl in my neighborhood who walks her dog the same time I walk my dogs.
40. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2006:
Still digging that “don’t let the bastards grind you down” lyric from Acrobat by U2.
41. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
I had an answer for this one but I’m going to change it. Later.