Holy cow, it’s Friday. WOOHOO!
1) Wednesday, we had to print all of the paychecks that normally print in our Midwest office. Lots of scurrying and insanity ensued, finally ending at 7 pm when we made our UPS salesman (?) pick up our 40 packages and drive them to the UPS center at the Cheesecake City Airport n’ Bait Shop.
2) Broke a tooth. But not really. So, Wednesday I was sitting at my desk and eating pretzel M&Ms (mmmm) when I realized I had something odd in my mouth. It was a small (small!) piece of something white so of course I assumed I managed to break off a small piece of a tooth. This was backed up when I noticed I had a toothache soon after. The dentist disagreed with me and couldn’t find anything broken, cracked or missing in my mouth.
3) Continued learning Life Lessons at Work. Today’s lesson “Read the summary report VERY carefully before telling someone they’re getting an $800 refund of taxes collected…especially if it turns out the refund is more like $25…and we had to debit them $1200 as well” just plain sucked.
4) Went to bed last night before 10 to make up for being up half the night Wednesday (Tuesday?) night with killer heartburn.
5) Tried to convince Gene that “Neutrogena Jones” would have made a great name for a Blaxploitation film. (Yes, I tried to explain it to him the morning after the heartburn, when I was so sleepy I couldn’t stand up straight in the shower).
And with that, only one more week until Sadie arrives. YAY! Scooby and Betty have started sleeping in the same kennel…totally their choice (“Scooby and Betty, could you not have told me you wanted to do this $100 ago when I was buying kennels?”), although last night I thought I heard the sound of one of them (Scooby!) trying to claw his way away from Betty. Heh. Silly dogs!
And in further excitement, Gene and I are both a little under the weather. I hope it is not a surprise that one of us is taking it better than the other and that one of us asked the other to go to the store for Ginger Ale and Pepsi Throwback. And that the other of us is going to bed now.