This week has sucked.
1) Mehh! My coworker had a week plus a day off, forcing me to go rogue looking for help.
2) Grrrr. Client with a time clock problem and I’m useless to help (mostly due to issue #1 above). Have been avoiding his call for 2 days now, plus the prior 2 weeks. I’m an asshole.
3) Arrrrrrrgh. Last call of the day was another client whose client is having technical issues. “If it worked yesterday and didn’t work today, what changed?” “Nothing!” “Really?” “NOTHING, but I’ll call the client”. She calls the client, who reports that nothing changed but the offsite IT guy was changing something-or-other on their computers and denying them access to Pandora. That. Is. NOT. Nothing. The client’s IT guy jacked something up, please make him fix it.
4) I have entirely planned out the first 3 hours of my day tomorrow. Call client with security issues, call timeclock client (invent excuse for not calling sooner…laryngitis? temporary insanity? my usual “Oh my gosh! I thought we fixed that!”?), 401k files, team meeting, more 401k files, meeting with client with bizarre printing issue, more 401k files (why are so many people hell bent on investing in retirement?!!), make more insane phone calls that try to play off a lack of response in 6-8 weeks as no big deal, cross fingers that client (see #3 above) loses my number, teammates forget my name and management agrees that 6-8 weeks is really not bad.
5) The car refused to start this morning, so I had to call AAA for a jump or possibly a tow (only a jump was necessary, plus the driver gave me the amazing advice that I had a bad ground …?… which was causing a… oh, hell, I don’t know, a problem and thank you AAA!), then to the dealership to fix the whatever (plus an oil change, an inspection, and two bonus whatchamacalits because Cheesecake City Nissan knows we’re car stupid…after I write this I’ll go see if the new flux capacitor is shiny) and then to Enterprise for a loaner car and then to work all day and then a trip to put gas in the loaner car (am I the only one for whom putting gas in an unknown car is always amateur night on an Indy 500 pit crew? yes) and then to pick up the car while dropping off 85% of my paycheck with Cheesecake City Nissan. And then to pick up dinner, at which point I remembered I bought a Groupon for the car inspection and forgot all about it, dammit. And then home.
And when I got out of the car, the stupid thing shocked me. What. The. Hell? Ugh, the battery needs to last another month because I am out of Saturdays until then. (In this order, I will be occupied doing the following on Saturdays: Movies*. Vet’s office**. Massage***. Indiana+. Day after Birthday++. Parents visiting+++)
* Best Picture Showcase, films 5-9
** Wasn’t I just at the vet’s office? Why am I going there? Someone needs a something, I guess.
++ Ehh. I’ve got a coworker who’s delaying grad school a semester for her birthday. Speaking of WTF.