1. What did you do in 2018 that you’d never done before?
I rode on a tank!
2. Did you keep your new years’ resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
My 2018 resolution was to Do Better. I don’t know. 2019’s resolution is again, Do Better.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Nope, too old!
4. Did anyone close to you die?
Fortunately, no. My mother had surprise surgery a month ago, but she’s doing much better.
5. What countries did you visit?
None. 2019 may bring us to Asia, but that’s up in the air.
7. What date from 2018 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
I’m sure I achieved something, but I’ll be damned if I know what it was.
9. What was your biggest failure?
I make so many promises at work that I can’t keep.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
I strained my back, but beyond that I’ve been very healthy this year.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
14. Where did most of your money go?
Doctors. That “in sickness and in health” thing is no joke.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
After we maxed out Gene’s out of pocket costs for insurance, I spent a lot of time dreaming up new things to get for free. (New CPAP, refills of every prescription, etc).
16. What song will always remind you of 2018?
17. Compared to this time last year, are you happier or sadder?
IDK, but I feel more anxious. Y’all, I think I need to get out of Big Payroll.
18. Thinner or fatter?
Fat, fat, fat. I am now a land whale who doesn’t even walk to the mailbox daily.
19. Richer or poorer?
We’re doing OK.
20. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Visiting my family.
21. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Sitting in hospital waiting rooms for Gene’s medical adventures.
22. How will you be spending Christmas?
Xmas 2018: at home, just Gene and I and the dogs. We went out for a long, loud dinner with 11 other people so that was fun.
23. Did you fall in love in 2018?
No, but I am always reminded about how happy Gene makes me and how much I love him.
24. Any one night stands?
I can’t even choose a quilt, definitely no nightstands!
25. What was your favorite TV program?
Bojack Horseman, Grace & Frankie, Catastrophe
26. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
No one new
27. What was the best book you read?
I just went through my history list on Overdrive (I get 95% of my ebooks through the Cheesecake City* Public Library) and it turns out I’ve borrowed approximately 50 books but have read approximately 6. So, let’s go with either the Crazy Rich Asians trilogy (if re-reads count) or You by Caroline Kepnes.
28. What was your greatest musical discovery?
I discovered where all our music is! It’s on Amazon Music! YAY!
29. What did you want and get?
30. What did you want and not get?
31. What was your favorite film of this year?
Crazy Rich Asians
32. What did you do on your birthday?
We went to a small town an hour away and explored. Finally, I had a good birthday.
33. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
34. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2018?
Clean pants every other day, shower every other day, clean t-shirt daily. I think hobos have more pride of appearance than I do.
35. What kept you sane?
Denise and my parents
36. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Don Henley yesterday, Don Henley today, Don Henley forever!
37. What political issue stirred you the most?
How much I dislike the president
38. Who did you miss?
I miss my family.
39. Who was the best new person you met?
Did I meet anyone new in 2018?
40. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2018:
Get it together, keep it together
41. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year: